Crossing Borders



Greetings from Bolivia. Today was mainly spent on a bus and the Peruvian/Bolivian border, where things progressed slo-ow-ly.

I'm still by lake Titicaca in Copacabana - the Bolivian, not the Brazilian one. Though I did sort of check out the beach action. Taking a walk along deserted shores with a fellow traveller we sneaked in for a skinny dip when no-one else was around.
Titicaca - done it.

The locals have their own Candelaria under way, but I think the main party days are past as the rather small frolicking crowd seems highly inerberated and there is a strong smell of urine in all shady corners. I think the people partying today are just the ones who haven't stopped partying since last Sunday.

This is the first place on this trip that smacks of touristville. The road my Hostal is on is definitely backpacker central and happy hour lasts all day long. Luckily tomorrow I head for quieter shores the off-line life at the Isla del Sol - island of the sun. Let's hope it's worthy of its name. 

Comments

Popular Posts