Petra at last

Well, here I am. Petra at last - the site of my own personal Haj pilgrimage.
Oh yes, Petra is great. Especially for hiking up and down high mountains with fantastic views and for its amazing - totally amazing rocks. The colours of these rocks - crazy swirls of delicate pink, bright blue and mustard yellows... a dreamworld of age worn old temples and tombs carved straight from these multicoloured rock walls. Gaudi would have wet himself!

.

And Petra is huge - it's a whole impressive mountain range with thousands of steps to climb, narrow ridges with sharp drops to the valley below and views to stun and awe. Today I only covered under a third of the area.

So this will be my base of operations for the next few days. I hope my legs are up to the hefty hikes I have in mind for them. They are certainly feeling the effects of my first 11 hour day of climbing endless steps and clambering over rocks. No waiting around for mr Sandman tonight!

Comments

Ana said…
Kuvat on mahtavia! Hyvää tutkimista ja kiipeilyä sitten vaan! Ei katkota jäseniä eikä hankita isoja haavoja!
V said…
Niin Kati, kyllähän me kaikki oikeasti tiedämme, että nuo lavasteet sijaitsevat Hollywoodissa, jossa niitä on hyödynnetty jo vuosikymmeniä - ensin piirrettynä mm. Aku Ankassa ja myöhemmin vaikkapa Indiana Jonesissa. Mutta hienoja kuvia silti ja hauskaa reissua sinne "itään".
Unknown said…
No voi, kyllä on hienon näköistä. Samoin kuin matkakertomuksesi muutenkin. very interesting indeed... Tosin olet jo melko pitkään joutunut olemaan vailla pimeää ja märkää ja sadetta ja sadetta ja sadetta, joten tervetuloa vaan takaisin maisemiin. P&E

Popular Posts